I am a gun guy, not a “Gun Nut” but a gun guy. I have been around weapons my whole adult life and am very capable and safety conscious. I train regularly and take care of my guns.
In some areas there is no question about having an armed agent around your principle. Those areas are locations where historically carjacking at gunpoint and kidnappings for ransom are high. In most of these locations unfortunately if your principle is taken there is a good chance they’ll get killed anyway so be prepared. If this is the case you need to be aware of these requirements:
- Is my agent proficient with his weapon?
- Can we (US) carry in this location?
- Which local nationals can carry in this location?
- Have I seen his credentials?
- What experience does my LN have in doing EP work?
Let’s not just get an armed guy and assume he’ll be able to get your Principle to safety or keep him safe. Although there are many great LNs. out there, unfortunately some are not trained as well and as much on weapons manipulation and safety. Bullets, range time, licensing, and weapons cost more in these areas and are hard to come by.
Ultra high net worth individuals and key persons in Corporate always warrant armed security. Even though good opsec may be in place you can have wrong place at the right time to be a factor.
In some areas on the border that are highly trafficked by US personnel, low incidence areas, daytime travellers, I would go without an armed agent, low profile vehicle in and out. No night time outings, staying in known areas etc…
Some Corporations absolutely demand it. Some do not and always want to go with the minimum. It is our job as a safety provider to educate them and make them aware of all pros and cons. Don’t take a job if you believe the client is trying to steer you a certain way. Give them the facts and the reasons and they will most likely understand your point. Also don’t put your own team at risk just to get the work. Saludos and be safe out there.
Most of the times we spend our days in the background, they go to meetings and we wait outside, or downstairs, or wherever. But in that small window that we have to impress our client and show them that we are worthy of their business and that the costs are justified many agents fail. Here’s why:
- Get sucked in- speak only when spoken to and when you do be respectful and short, remember you have a job. The client is not your friend. They will try to pull you in…most clients are great people, they are wealthy, and kind, it will be hard for you to say no but keep your distance. It’s not your world. You have one and it revolves around providing top notch security.
- Poor training or lack thereof- No eating in motorcade cars ever…ever…., no smoking, dipping, no gatorade bottles in cars ( you know what I’m talking about), don’t answer your phone or have in your hand around client unless you’re off your corner and passing comms. Never on watch. Heads up.
- No after shave, cologne, sprays, etc… smell like nothing, if you have bad BO or some sort of chronic disease, seek a specialist and good luck.
- No radio(tunes) unless client asks for it, even then keep low, if the client insists on blasting the volume. use high noise earplugs. They work! and explain to them why it’s not good to do that.
- Be dressed to impress but stay comfortable and agile. Make sure your suits fit. Weights fluctuate!!!
- If you have a steady client try to get a uniform going that affords you max comfort and mobility.
- Sunglasses are for the sun, and to hide your true optic target. Use them when the sun is a factor, when it gets dark depending on the tint, you may have to remove them. Go with a subtle pair, this is not the time for your gucci wrap arounds.
- Stay flexible and take care of the client, you may end up doing something not in your scope and not security related, as long as it doesn’t interfere with your security duties, do it. It may reap huge dividends and may be something simple. If your client takes advantage of your multifaceted skill sets then propose an assistant or hire on another agent to take the load off. If your client really needs it they won’t be discouraged. Educate your client respectfully and don’t be afraid to write up a debrief after every major movt. They will appreciate it in the end.
The Team at Eagle Eye Intl.
Corporate Security is all of the measures that are needed in order to maintain good order and discipline around the Corporate structure. This could be something as simple as installing cameras to your facility or as painful as ensuring the firewalls and cyber defenses of 5000 laptops spread throughout your organization are good to go. Depending on how big your organization may be you may have multiple managers on the ground supervising and ensuring secure continuity through the globe. Most companies break these managers down by regions…LATAM, North A, Asia. Managers are then broken down into responsibilities..regional, site, directors, etc…If your organization is small, under 500 employees and all under one roof then it can be quite streamline.
A small organization that’s in one place can have one main CSO-Corporate Security Officer that can set policy and systems and then delegate to managers that they be put in place and executed. This one is easier because it’s all under one roof. As the organization is spread out and more structures are in place then he should identify an area manager to manage that site and execute the company’s policies.
If your organization is fractured and you have many areas in play, if the budget permits you should have one dedicated person to the security apparatus that runs that site. All of this depends of course on assets in place, area, personnel count and other factors that drive the amount of security effort that that site requires. Employees need systematic and consistent procedures in place in order to be the most aware and security minded. Enclosed is a brief outline that I use when talking to clients about their programs, it is the minimum of what one should be thinking about within their organization.
Managing the remote worker and their cyber faults is becoming the new headache. Having systems and procedures in place for managing PII – Personal Identifiable Information and just all around cyber slopinnes is going to be key in a post pandemic workplace, some workers will come back to the office but many are going to stay home. What measures can be put in place in order to achieve maximum cyber security for the organization? Here are some clear clear metrics you can track and present to your stakeholders:
- Level of preparedness: How many devices on your network are fully patched and up to date?
- Unidentified devices on internal networks
- Intrusion attempts: How many times have bad actors attempted to gain unauthorized access?
- Security incidents: How many times has an attacker breached your information assets or networks?
- Mean Time to Detect (MTTD): How long do security threats go unnoticed?
- Mean Time to Resolve (MTTR): What is the mean response time for your team to respond to a cyber attack once they are aware of it?
- to see some more metrics go here: https://www.upguard.com/blog/cybersecurity-metrics
At Eagle Eye, we understand that unique situations can strike at any moment. When they do, our dedicated team is able to go where they are needed most.
Our special services include:
- Personnel Extractions & Emergency Evacuation
- Hostile Surveillance Operations
- Hostile Area Assessments
- Technical & Tactical Consulting
Please contact us at 1.800.372.8142 for more information.
Armor and Manpower by Area
Eagle Eye has been developing strategic partnerships throughout the whole country of Mexico since 2008. We have been investing our own time and technical knowhow into our agents. This is what we have available to all of our clients…responsive and capable.
Guadalajara – Merida – Cancun – Playa del Carmen – Chetumal – Tabasco – Veracruz – Puebla – Ciudad de Mexico – Morelos – Hidalgo – Toluca – Queretaro
El bajio: (Querétaro, Leon, Guanajuato, Silao, Salamanca, Celaya, Irapuato) Baja california Norte – Baja California Sur – Monterrey – Puerto Vallarta – Zacatecas – San Luis Potosi – Guerrero – Oaxaca – Durango
Juarez, CDMX, Guadalajara, Sonora, Merida Yucatan, Puebla, San Luis Potosi, Cabo, Sinaloa, Michoacan, Tecamac, Tula Hidalgo, Veracruz, Cuernavaca, Zapopan Jalisco. And Travel Teams.
According to Wikipedia, lifestyle management is “the outsourcing of personal tasks to commercial firms and individuals.” Usually, lifestyle managers work with company CEOs, celebrities, and other high-profile VIPs, assisting them in their day-to-day tasks and providing them with scheduling services. Of course, at the forefront in today’s world for many high-profile individuals is protective security services. As a lifestyle manager, it’s important for you to find a company you can trust with your client’s security needs. What should you look for in a security company?
With many different protective security companies touting their services on the internet today, it can be difficult for a lifestyle manager to distinguish what is important when it comes to the company they’re hiring. You want to make sure you’re getting the absolute best service for your client, because you know their security and safety is of the utmost importance. And, if you manage the protective security needs for entire families, you want to be sure the company understands family security and all the special conditions that can surround that as well.
5 Qualifications Lifestyle Managers Should Note When Choosing A Security Company
If you’re a lifestyle manager and you’ve been tasked with hiring a protective security company for your client, it’s important to know the types of qualifications that are a non-negotiable must. This is the best way to guarantee that the company you hire has the experience necessary to provide your client with optimal protective security services.
- Experts from Diverse Fields: When choosing a protective security company, it’s important that the company is well-staffed, with highly skilled experts from a diverse range of backgrounds. Eagle Eye International, for instance, is a strategic level security management organization, comprised of highly experienced professionals. Their diverse backgrounds include industrial security, financial services, law enforcement, military special operations, and intelligence.
- Proper Licensure: It’s imperative when choosing a protective security company that it has the appropriate licenses for the services provided. This helps to ensure that the company you’re using is reputable, and is recognized as an approved provider of protective security services. Eagle Eye International is licensed to operate anywhere in the United States and internationally.
- Highly Screened Personnel: You want to make sure the people you’re hiring to protect and serve your client are the most qualified people for the job. You also want to be sure they are highly reputable and respected in their respective fields. At Eagle Eye International, we focus on meticulous screening and systematic training of qualified personnel who are both motivated and committed to optimal performance.
- Range of Services Offered: The protective security company you hire for your client should be able to easily adapt to a variety of different scenarios and provide a range of services so that no stone is left unturned when it comes to your client’s needs. Eagle Eye International, for instance, offers services that range from personal protection details, to intelligence and analysis, to information security.
- Custom Approach: Your client is like no other, and a cookie-cutter approach to protective security services simply will not ensure that they receive the best possible services. You should look for a company that carefully analyzes your client’s specific needs, and provides them with the solutions they need for the best security available.
Eagle Eye International can provide your client with myriad services to suit every need.
At Eagle Eye International, our team was initially formed to meet the demand of protective security services in Mexico and Latin America. Since our inception, we have moved beyond our initial niche, and have grown our team with professionals from a number of different fields. We commit to demonstrate a genuine level of care and expertise that you simply will not find with a company that offers packaged services. We provide completely custom solutions, because we know no two clients are alike, and neither are their protective security needs.
The services we offer include:
- Protective Security Services
- Information Security
- Corporate Security Personnel Training
- Security Program Design
- Intelligence & Analysis
- Special Services
You can help your client get the training they need to protect themselves, too.
Additionally, Eagle Eye International can provide your client with self-defense and awareness training, so they are better able to defend themselves, should the need arise. The world can be a dangerous place, and even more so for people who are high-profile. We understand that, and have the capabilities to train your client, their family members and their staff in:
- Counter Kidnapping
- Self Defense
- Evasive & Defensive Driving
- Situational Awareness
- Active Shooter Response
- Cyber Awareness & Training
Lifestyle managers choose us for their clients’ protective security needs.
Your job as a lifestyle manager isn’t easy, but when you work with us, we can help meet some of your client’s most vital needs. Do not trust their protective security to just anyone; by choosing Eagle Eye International, you’re choosing a top-level company with the qualifications your client needs to ensure their safety and security. When you need assistance, we’re ready to help you. To get started, call us today at 1.800.372.8142 and we will schedule a consultation with you. Or, fill out our convenient online contact form, and one of our associates will get back to you shortly. We look forward to meeting the protective security needs of your client.
Eagle Eye International, Inc.
Personnel – Assets – Infrastructure
Eagle Eye International has main HUBS in San Diego, El Paso, Dallas and NY. From these areas we manage and execute Security Protection Programs and Specific Security Services.
In LATAM we have dedicated personnel that can either pick you up for a simple airport transfer or stay with you for the duration of your trip. Armed or Unarmed, Armor or no Armor, depending on the location, threat and your profile.
In Dallas we are licensed to provide all facets of security services and deliver top notch security products. In California we are also licensed to deliver best in class Residential and Corporate Campus Security Programs.
In El Paso and San Diego we manage many cross border operations and deliver realistic hard hitting training for Corporate and Security Teams.
Our Special Services Capabilities can be discussed in person at anytime, just send time and place.
LICENSED TO OPERATE ANYWHERE IN THE UNITED STATES AND INTERNATIONALLY
EAGLE EYE INTERNATIONAL, INC
Personnel, Assets, Infrastructure
FAMILY OFFICE STRATEGIC SOLUTIONS
Eagle Eye International